Evening Courses in Supporting Dyslexic Children for Parents and Teaching Staff (Literacy)
This 7 ½ hour course runs over 3 weeks and is for parents, carers and teaching staff.
Topics that are covered include introduction to:
1. Dyslexia e.g. causes, assessment, typical strengths and weaknesses
2. Structure of English language and difficulties that ensue for dyslexic learners
3. Structure and routines in multi-sensory teaching
4. Developing word attack strategies for reading and spelling
5. Learning spellings and considering the appropriateness of words chosen
6. Relevant software and assistive technologies
This 5 hour course runs over 2 weeks and is for parents, carers and teaching staff.
Topics that are covered include considering:
1. How does dyslexia typically affect the learning of mathematics?
2. Principles of maths teaching at Sheffield Dyslexia Centre
3. Painless ways to overcome difficulties with times tables.
4. Calculation methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
How to book